New Skills Bootcamps in Construction and Rail Engineering
We are delighted to announce we've received funding to deliver fully-funded Skills Bootcamps in Constructions and Rail Engineering to One Manchester customers.
Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast track to an interview with a local employer. These courses are fully funded for learners.
Registrations are now open for an October 2022 start dates on these programmes which will be delivered by training providers Morsons and B4 Box.
Skills Bootcamp in Rail Engineering- is a full-time programme taking place over 3-4 weeks. This Skills Bootcamp will provide participants with a range of skills to undertake duties across major rail projects and routine maintenance.
- Skills Bootcamp in Construction Multi Skills- is a part-time programme taking place over 12 weeks. B4 Box will deliver the programme from their premises in Stockport, where participants will complete training in Construction Multi-skills and learn a range of retrofitting skills. This Skills Bootcamp will provide participants with the skills needs to start a career in the construction and retrofit industries.
Skills Bootcamp participants will gain industry specific qualifications and learn a range of skills to prepare them for a career in your chosen sector.
Some key benefits of the programme also include;
- Guaranteed job interview on completion of the training
- Receive a daily £10 lunch voucher (For One Manchester customers only)
- Free travel to all training sessions (For One Manchester customers only)
- All applicants must be 19+
- Participants can be unemployed or employed.
If you think you would benefit from support from our Employment and Skills team, they are here to help residents to build their skills and get valuable employment. You can contact the team by calling 0161 230 1057 or emailing them; email@example.com.
This training has been made possible thanks to Greater Manchester Combined Authority securing funding to deliver Skills Bootcamps, which form part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life.
Our ongoing commitment to dealing with damp and mould
In December 2022, we provided a report to the Regulator of Social Housing on how many of our homes had cases of damp and mould. To date, the majority of repairs have been completed for our customers, making sure your home is a safe and healthy space.Posted 04 Aug 2023