Leasehold information

The leasehold on your property may be owned by us, so although you own the bricks and mortar, the land it's built on can often be owned by us, or another organisation or person.


We offer a wide range of homes on a leasehold and Shared Ownership basis. If you want to find out more about your leasehold home, or are interested in one of our leasehold or Shared Ownership homes, this section is designed to help you with any questions you have.

Leaseholder FAQ's

Guidance notes for One Manchester leasehold and Shared Ownership customers

What to do if you use your own contractor

When making a claim you can appoint your own contractor, to undertake repairs, to do so you need to complete the following steps:

  • Complete the Arthur J Gallagher claim form (Please find a link at the bottom of this page).
  • Make sure you get two competitive written estimates for the repairs required before choosing a contractor.
  • Send these estimates/ quotes to Arthur J Gallagher for consideration under the terms of your policy.
  • If your claim is accepted Arthur J Gallagher will contact you to confirm that you may proceed with the repairs.
  • Upon completion of repairs please forward the final invoice to Arthur J Gallagher Housing confirming that you are satisfied with the repairs and explain who the settlement cheque should be made payable to.
  • Alternatively, if you’re having difficulty in obtaining two competitive estimates, please return your completed claim form and Arthur J Gallagher will appoint an approved Building Repair Network contractor to inspect and assess the repairs required.
  • Once you’ve sent your confirmation, Arthur J Gallagher will arrange for your settlement to be issued.
  • If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Arthur J Gallagher by calling 01245 341200.


Buildings insurance form
79.78 KB